The Limit


Okay, the roads have speed limits. Parents have limits with their kids. There's only so far you can go with science. The world does have limits. We all do.

Well, I am feeling as though God is so stretching my limit of what I can handle that I am going to break in two. Yes, friends, I keep thinking that I've been stretched enough, that I can't handle one more thing. I even foolishly think every once in awhile, "Okay, this is the max of what we are going to deal with right now, just keep walking, breathing, smiling, and most importantly praying. He will get us through this."

And then the next boom is lowered....

This morning that happened....again. And it just finally brought me to laughter, out of shock of course. Because really, what else can I do? I've cried gallons of tears, I have threatened to quit, and I have prayed and praised.

I guess we aren't going to be kicked off the earth, right?

CJ was offered the job with the ministry in Charlotte, went before the board, was told that he was hired, had his first meeting set for tomorrow, and found out late yesterday that the church was rescinding the offer, due to where we lived. No reflection on him, of course.

I can't even begin to explain the repercussions of this on us right now. Can't even explain it.

And while I am sure we can either quote, find, think, and ponder over every scripture in the bible on how He provides, takes care of us, knows our situation, wants us not to worry, and just rely on Him, it just may be possible, that I think I may have just hit my limit. Oh, wait, I thought that yesterday!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

4 comments:

  1. because of where he lives? Didn't they know hat prior to hiring/

    I am so sorry. I am about in tears for you.

    We are still praying for you guys! We love you.

     
  2. No words. Gamut of emotions.

    Please know my heart goes out to you and I praying with you.

     
  3. Oh I am so sorry! Just know that God has something even better in store. I know that may sound like just words right now, but it has ALWAYS been the case with us when something so random like this happens. I'm praying that He will show it to you soon!

     
  4. I'm so sorry. We'll be praying.