We Have Lift Off!!


Well, I've told you about the battle to homeschool, the decision, and the choice, here, here, and here. Now, let me tell you about how its actually going. I can sum it up for you in three words.

Great. Fun. Awesome.

I love it. Our home is finally getting back into a groove, but a new and improved groove. Structure, learning, a routine, oh, do they ever do glory for my heart! And the kids hearts too.

I think EJ has only said 100 times in the past week, "I love my, mommy. She's the best mommy in the world!"

Now, I am not saying it because I think I am the best mommy, or for that matter even close to it. But our home is a bright, cheerful and happier home when I am doing constructive things with my kids. Homeschooling is the icing on the cake for me.

EJ loves to learn, which only makes the entire process wayyyy fun. And our curriculm is easy for me to do. I don't feel overwhelmed with a lot of work.

So far, I feel like I am actually a better mom, when I am teaching them.

4 comments:

  1. Yea!!!!You sound so good!

     
  2. I got your note this a.m. - thank you so much. It was very timely!

    We haven't officially started yet - had a set back because he doesn't have as much concrete letter recognition as I thought. Ran to dollar store today and picked up some fun pre-K workbooks to start him up slowly. But I'm cool with that: it'll give us both time to warm up to the new structure and routine!

    Thanks again. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and obedience to the Lord!

     
  3. I"m praying about what we are going to do as far as schooling for our boys.....

     
  4. I have been reading all these great posts I somehow missed, thinking, "Where have I been?"

    Then I got to this one and I think it answered it for me. I am schooling my kids, enjoying life and cherishing these days. I do not have the time on the computer that previously did. While I see that I am missing out on things in the blogdom I realize and am thankful that I am not missing out on my kids.

    Thank goodness for bloglines. And now my friend I am caught up on your world. Thanks for posting, especially the addition of pictures. Love it. Be blessed.