An Interview with Kilikina, from Live Each Moment, part 1

Recently, Kilikina, from Live Each Moment, and I decided to interview each other and then post it. Our goal was to get to know each other a little better. Also for me, it was an opportunity to bone up on my old interviewing skills.

So, with out further ado, here is part 1 of the interview with Kilikina!

First, thank you for doing this fun interview with me! I loved the fact that we were able to question each other and get to know each other better! It makes blogging a bit more personal.

I've been reading your blog for many months now. So, some of the basics I know. Like, I know that you are a mom of two sweet boys! Your husband is studying to become a doctor. You both love the Lord and are in a great church. I know that you love to blog and you are great with pictures and even creating backgrounds for blogs!

So, with that said, I thought about interviewing you a bit more in depth on four areas of your life, The Lord, Blogging, Motherhood, and Just for Fun!

Beginning with our Father in Heaven first!

1. What scriptures are you "chewing on" these days?
I have been reminded of Philippians "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" We are at the stage of our life now where God is helping my husband finish up school so that he can do the one thing that he feels called to do, and that is care for the physical needs of others. What a blessing that when God starts something, it WILL be finished even if it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

2. What is your church like?
My church is a medium sized church in my opinion. About 400 in attendance on Sunday Mornings. My church has not changed to the more contemporary settings, which I love about my church. I love the traditional aspects of mixing hymns with praise and worship. From the moment Tre and I walked into that church we felt the love of God from those around us. We were always made to feel welcome and still are.

3. Why do you feel that God has you there?
I feel God has me there to serve in the area's I am serving in. I help the couples in our Sunday School stay connected by keeping in contact with about 4 or 5 couples. This helps them to know that we do care about them and miss them when they are gone. I also feel I am there to help in their childrens programming. I love helping with the kids so much. On a more selfish aspect, I also believe God has us there for the love and support we have been given by our church family. They have been there for us during the past two years in all our times of need. They have prayed with us, for us and been there. They've been at the hospital with us during surgeries, and the birth of our son. They have provided part of what we felt was missing since both sets of our parents do not live very close.

Blogging

4. Since we've met in the blogging world, tell me about how you got started with blogging?
When I had my first son Little King, I was disappointed. Being a mother was all I'd dreamed of doing, and the one thing I felt called to do. But sitting at home, day after day became hard for me. I am more social than I felt comfortable being with a new baby. So somehow I stumbled upon the world of blogging and realized I had a very real, and yet different way to keep in contact with other people, and have the social connection that I felt like I needed. Socialization is a big part of who I am, and blogging helps me to feed that need.

5. Have you met a friend in real life from blogland yet?
I have many real life friends who blog, but I have not met a blogger in real life at this time. I have had a few attempts to meet fellow bloggers but for one reason or another those attempts have fallen through. One of them was a real attempt, the blogger actually called me when she was almost an hour from my house (she was going to be driving through my area) and I backed out last minute. Now, yes my son was sick at the time so that was my excuse...but deep inside I got scared and was glad to have that excuse. I would be willing to meet a blogging friend but it would depend on which blogger, and how long I'd "known" that blogger.

6. What do you feel is God's purpose in blogging?
God's purpose for blogging can be different for everyone. For me I feel like the purpose is hopefully just to somehow help others by them reading the way I live my life. I am hoping that in some way I am an inspiration to others out there. It also shows my real life friends who I am, and what's going on. Since I have so many real life people reading my blog it does hold me accountable to what I write, and you can be assured that what I write is who I am.....because my friends would know if I was putting on a facade.


Stay tuned for part 2 of Interviewing, Kilikina, Live Each Moment.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Great questions "On Fire."

     
  2. That was great! I've read her blog on and off this past year, after reading some of her comments on your posts. She sounds delightful and I'm glad you two cooked this up!