Here's the Truth: I'm Stuck, Better Here then Anywhere Else



I'm finishing out my little mini series, on Here's the Truth today. I've been so encouraged with your comments. God has strengthened me through writing these posts, then working through them in my head again, reading your comments, and even through worship, last night at church.

But I've realized just how stuck I really am. In my mind, there is no other choice then to follow Him.

No, He hasn't answered many of my prayers yet. He hasn't even come through on His promises yet. He just hasn't done things the way that I wanted or truthfully expected.

But the basics are taken care of. I have a roof over my head, food on the table and health for my family. Most importantly I know that even if the road to Heaven includes pain and hurt and misunderstanding in Him, I will keep going. I won't turn back. I will learn. I will continue on.


I know that He is not disappointed in me for not understanding Him. I know that He's patient with me. I believe it.

I may be stuck but at least I am on the right path.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You know what came to mind as I read your post? Joseph. I imagine he felt much the same as you are feeling. I mean, he did the right thing (fleeing from Potiphar's wife and sin) and look where it ended up. With him in jail for who knows how long. He must have felt just as confused and let down as you do. But in the end, he could see that God used that time in the pit to lead him to even greater heights. I'm sure it will be the same with you.

    Thanks for being real.

     
  2. First, thank you for your kind comment... I almost cried!

    I've really enjoyed your Truth posts... don't think your just dumping. Was David dumping when he wrote the Psalms? Maybe, but they certainly have blessed millions!

    Just like reading the Psalms, I can relate to much of what you tell in your Truth posts, some things from my past and others in my present struggles.

    It is encouraging to see another admit that the choice is a hard one, and sometimes it even hints of regret: to realize that the choice is more about obedience to Him than about what I want.

     
  3. Thank you for this series. I know it has blessed many.

    I simply wanted to reference a verse that has helped me today. Ezra 8:23. I know that he knows my concerns because he is listening to my prayers and the cries of my heart.

    He is listening to you too.

     
  4. Thank you for your sweet encouragement on my earlier post. Your honesty and vulnerability inspired me to choose to speak up and I appreciate that you followed it up immediately with such support. I miss you, friend. I miss our monthly planning meetings at Nat's house, hanging at Panera and learning more about you. I'm so glad for this chance to still be in relationship - as "virtual" as it is!