Reigning Outside


A storm has blown in. It's finally raining. It hasn't really rained in months. Our state is in dire striaghts right now, with our water levels over a foot below the line. The drought has literally killed my grass and has been working on my front yard trees.

Yesterday I received an email from a friend whom I haven't talked to in quite a while. He's a bit on the wierd side at times. God has shown me what nuggets to take and which ones to just not even pick up, when we hear from him. That may sound crass, but I think that is what we are to do with each other all the time. We only hear in part, right?

Anyways, CJ and I have been walking through a drought lately in our own lives. God has been showing me that its a testing of our hearts. Just how far are we willing to lay down our lives for Him. There have been many days, that I think, "this is it, I can't give anymore of myself. I just can't."

We've been dry alright. Really, really dry.

And yet, we haven't given up.

At the end of his email, my friend wrote the following, ps. "help is on the way!" I think I read that last line over and over again, wondering just what did he mean by that. Until, I felt the nudging of the Holy Spirit, showing me that God was giving me more hope. Showing me that He hadn't forgotten us.

I've been praying for rain. Lots of rain. And when I pray, I pray for it in the natural and in my own life. That the Lord would reign over me, that His ways would pour into me, that His beauty would overflow me, and that His provision would rain down from Heaven!

It's raining, pouring buckets outside. And I just can't help but be excited!

4 comments:

  1. Be encouraged! God will not only honor your sacrifice by opening doors, He is changing you, stretching you and one day you'll look back on this season and say "thank you,Lord. I understand now and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it".

    In the meantime, one step at a time...don't try to get ahead of Him. Trust me, it doesn't work! Been there and done that too many times to count! :-)

    Your family is an incredible blessing and inspiration to anyone who knows you. I'm praying for a good "drenching" for you this weekend!

     
  2. I hope it pours!

     
  3. For some reason this just strikes a chord with me. It's been a "dry" season in my life for about the past two years - and I continually want to just give up. Thank you for encouragement. God is faithful!

    God bless you and thank you!

     
  4. What a great post! I'm at the same point right now in a few areas, thank you for the encouragment!