Time: One Year Ago Today

Time has become precious to me since I became a mom. It seems as though I never have enough it to myself.

Since I don't have all the time in the world to do the things that I want to do, I have become rather picky about my hobbies. My mind is becoming a bit black and white, "Do I want to invest my precious time in that or not?"

One year ago, today, I stumbled into the world of blogging. MIA had a lot to do with it, as she has coerced way too many of us to try our hand at writing.

I started to blog anonymously, not sharing with anyone except MIA. Then one day, I found out that Thrills was not only blogging herself, but knew that I was blogging too!! (You can read about that here!) That little sneak!

Blogging turned into something way more then I had first anticipated. I knew that I loved to write, but I didn't realize that somehow this would be therapeutic for me. On and offline, I have written to the Lord, sharing my heart. In a year that has been so full of change, writing has helped me to sort through this particular roller coaster we have been on.

Allow me if you will, but the biggest thing that I realized by blogging is that writing can and is a form of WORSHIP to the Lord. Let me further clarify, blogging is not. However, there have been many, many times that I have sat down with worship music on, prayed, and then lifted my laptop to my lap and written to Him. Sometimes I have chosen to post, other times, I have kept it offline.

Blogging also has become a friend to me. Just the act of writing about our life or what I am learning about has become almost a physical release for me. It helps me to not be so pent up. And when I receive all of your sweet comments, it helps me to fight loneliness or being understood.

I certainly have learned that I can't spend too much time blogging. But I will say, that overall, it's been totally worth the investment of my precious time!

7 comments:

  1. And I'm so glad you are doing it and sharing it with us. Love you! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!

     
  2. Happy bloggiversary (however you would spell it).

    I am thankful for the window that allows me to witness what God is doing in and through you...all those miles away!

     
  3. Happy Bloggiversary! I'm so glad I found your blog - I've really enjoyed getting to know you thru this vehicle. And I know what you mean about the loneliness - moving away from all my favorite gals doesn't seem like such a hardship when I can peek in to your worlds once in a while!

    Thanks for all your vulnerability and honesty in what the Lord is doing in your lives this year. It's been a treat to "participate" in your process.

    Love and hugs!

     
  4. I just have to say I agree, I love blogging and it is so wonderful. For me it's another way that God allows me to have "relationships" of sorts with other Christian women, when i'm home with my children.

    Glad you blog, and I enjoy reading yours.

     
  5. Happy Bloggiversary! I have been enjoying reading your blog and getting to know you a little more too.

     
  6. SNEAK! I'm the sneak? You are the one that was sneaking around and not telling anyone about your blog! LOL!

    Happy bloggiversary!

     
  7. So happy you plunged into the blogging world. It has been so neat to hear what your doing and be part of your life...even if it is from a distance.