The Ultimate Gift


During my grumpy day, CJ lovingly kicked me out of the house and encouraged me to go to the movies. I love going to the movies by myself. I really do. I get to pick what I want to watch without compromising. If I want a snack, I can get the small size and can savor it all by myself. Without fail, I choose a chick flick, one that is clean and will capture my heart for the hour or so. I also like sitting in the dark, relaxing in a cushioned chair all by myself. Most times, the movie I watch will bring the much needed tears out and I will cry quietly, in the dark, over some stupid actress, when really I just need the release.

So, on this particular day, at 1:20 in the afternoon, I found myself watching The Ultimate Gift. This film, produced by Fox Faith, was based off of the book, The Ultimate Gift, by Jim Stovall.

Other then seeing one preview for this, I had no idea what I was going to watch. I knew that the preview looked inviting, the movie was only PG, and it felt right.

Oh, what a movie it was! Without going into details, I am very particular about what I watch. So, when I am able to find a movie that is pleasing to me and what I would believe is pleasing to the Lord, then I am sold, sold, sold!!

The story is about a young man and the inheritance of his billion dollar grandfather. This grandfather leaves a series of life changing and teaching gifts. The goal is to help this spoiled rotten grandson become a giving, loving adult.

I highly recommend the movie. When I came home, I told CJ that I would go see it again in a heart beat and would even consider having it on my shelf!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the reccommendation....i do enjoy watching movies with the Lord and letting Him speak to me throughout...

     
  2. Thanks! I love that Fox has been intentionally promoting family films. It sounds like one I will have to get out and see.