One of THOSE Days


I had "one of those days." You know what I am talking about. Every mother, out there, with children ages 5 and under, get it. Since my oldest is not quite yet 5, I can not speak for moms with older children, however, I am sure that it still applies.

I woke up this morning, after spending the better part of yesterday sick with a stomach flu and fighting spring time allergies, feeling rather well rested. For a moment I laid in bed and thought about how good it felt to feel healthy and as though I had slept fully. The moment passed and reality hit.

Mama's are not allowed to have unexpected sick days. When they do, it can be almost expected that the house will fall apart, the children will have extra energy, and the husband will be done with their part of filling in.

But, hey, it gets better, when you add a sick daddy to the scenario and finals week!!!!

To say the least, my attitude today was really stinky. So stinky, that CJ informed me that I was being "mean grumpy" towards the kids.

I was.

Of course, I called a friend. However, she, too, was lamenting about her "mamahood" issues. At the end of it, I concluded, that I just wanted to be the one who was "taking" for once. I know it sounds horribly selfish. But it's true, more and more lately, I have been feeling as though I want to just take and take some more and then take a little bit more.

Well, the good news is, I don't live my life based upon my feelings. We all have crummy days, weeks, or seasons. And even though I am still in a somewhat grumpy mood, I know that this will pass.

I praise the Lord that He takes care of my children when I am messing up. Cuz, today, I messed up!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you and believing that because you have asked, He will give you His joy and peace and whatever else you need RIGHT NOW in the midst of the circumstances. Truth is, right now you need to take and take and take...from the Source who can truly give you what you need. And His supply is overflowing...never limited.

     
  2. Been there!

     
  3. Oh, it's so hard, especially with sick days (and sick husbands)--pretty much doesn't get worse than that. I figure God is making us stronger through it all, somehow, but sometimes it's hard to see. Praying for grace for you. :)

     
  4. That sounded like my Monday, minus the sickness. I almost wrote a post about it but didn't get around to it and now it's Tuesday, a much better day. I hope today was better for you. :0)