Green

Why is it when we were teens, we didn't appreciate what we had when we had it? One of the reasons that I swore I would never move back to my home town was because I struggle with a lot of difficult memories. And truthfully, I think somewhere in the back of my mind I've been a bit of a snob.

Since God has given us a bit of a detour here, I've found myself back in the small town that I grew up in. Now, that I am older and wiser (wink) I am finding the beauty in the life that is around me.

This is my brother in law with my sweet Z-man. The country life is paradise for my Zachy. Tractors, lots of open fields, trees, nature, and not alot of people makes my Zach a happy boy! Oh, and he LOVES his Uncle Chad!

I love the fact that green is really green here. The contrast of the black and white cows, the red barns and white silos, with all the beautiful and rich greens surrounding it makes me inhale deeply. Green represents life and life is all around here, just in a much quieter way.

I asked my brother in law the other day if he really liked living in the same area most of his entire life. He paused and thought for a moment, "yea, I love it," was his response. He loves that he knows others, he knows who he can trust, who he can rely on. He loves that farmers come together and help each other. He loves that he can retreat to the quietness of his home.
Right now, I love watching my children run around freely. I love looking at where I grew up through more mature eyes. I appreciate the peace and quiet, the ability to retreat and inhale the depths of life around me.

0 comments: