A Lovely Fall Day

Yesterday it rained and well, I've already told you that I love rainy days. With the rain, brought some colder weather. And that just made me even happier. It seems as though Fall just might be really taking off around here now. Hallelujah!


We attended this sweet little fall festival about an hour or so away today. It was in the middle of an apple orchard. So, we watched apple butter simmer, listened to Johnny Appleseed, tried fresh apple cider, and took a quick little hayride!
For me, I really enjoyed being outside in the fresh fall air. The leaves are just slightly turning colors now. Socks and shoes are a must. The kids are wearing jeans and t shirts. And I'm sipping hot drinks like tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Yum!
Have I told you just how much I adore my children? Really, I do. EJ is so delightful for me to watch. Compassion is growing deeply in his heart. I love to see his mind working, while he's watching something go on. Today, he was interested in watching the blacksmith show.
And Z-man? His gentle heart is in quite a stage these days. Growing up is hard to do. Especially when you're a bit on the tender side. Today, he was cold, so he snuggled in his daddy's coat and sighed a sweet sigh, showing that he still loves to be cuddled. Oh, that war inside of him between being cuddled and being independent is rising up. Poor little guy....But don't worry, I'm still getting as much snuggling in as I can. After all, it won't be long before he's completely done with the cuddles.

I'm thankful today. I was able to spend a great day with my family, outside, in the cool fall. On top of it all, I came home and knocked out my third TESOL paper (13 pages long)! 3 down, 3 to go! I am satisfied.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! I'm so thankful that even my 5 yr old still loves cuddles, and it will be a sad day (for me) when he gives them up!

     
  2. Growing up is hard! I love the pumpkin photo you posted too.

     
  3. TESOL, Huh? Isn't taking classes as a wife/mom/you name it kind of fun/aggravating at the same time. It seems that there is never enough time to do everything in life anyway and then there is a paper or an assignment to squeeze in! I skipped a class or two also because my family always came first, but I always made sure the work was done - no matter what. It's a little easier these days with both of my "kids" grown up. Your boys are cute!

     
  4. It is such a blessing to read about gratitude.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Julie