Planting A Garden

There is something so peaceful about going to a greenhouse. It must be the vivid colors, the smells, the quietness of it all. I literally think my blood pressure goes down and a feeling of joy rises up, when I walk around fresh smelling plants.


CJ and I are planting a big garden this year. Actually we are planting two gardens. Our hope and desires are to get enough fruits and vegetables to help feed the masses that tend to walk through our doors.


And even though I have pictures of pretty flowers here, we did not purchase any of these. Rather just looked and inhaled and dreamed and enjoyed.


Our gardens will include the following: broccoli, spinach, beans, tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes, and more tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, cantaloupe and watermelon. Oh and jalapenos, so that we can make some salsa!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds so wonderful. We had to scale down our garden this year because of all the pest problems we have faced these last three years (skunks, squirrels, rabbits and groundhogs). Reading about your garden only gives me garden envy. Have fun. I love to plant!

     
  2. I'm joining with you on this gardening extravaganza! I figure if I'm not officially "working" I should try to grow as much of our food as possible this summer! Plus it makes me feel so Proverbs 31 womanish!

     
  3. So awesome!

    Growing up my parents always had a garden and everything seemed to taste better. My favorite summertime sandwich is a tomato sandwich. Yum. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

    Now...we are part of a CSA and that is really good. It works for us now. I think I might have to get my garden fix when I visit Thrills. Plus I've heard rumors that my mom and dad are going to have one again. :)

     
  4. Wow, that's quite an ambitious garden, but I'm sure you guys will have a lot of fun together doing it.

     
  5. I'll come eat in July :-)

     
  6. Wow you do have quite a garden. We are planting tomatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, & zucchini

     
  7. Careful of those zucchinis - you may end up with the same "problem" you had with the bananas! :) They are happy little plants and multiply generously!

    I wish we could do a veggie garden - but there's so many critters in the part of the yard that would be cleared for that - deer, rabbits galore, groundhogs, fox and squirrels. I don't think it'd be money spent very wisely!

     
  8. Hey! How are you guys! Lots have things have changed for us since we were in that small group! 2 kids and the 3rd on the way, taking a ministry position and now moving into a new one in the upper midwest! We are doing well though. Extremely excited about moving and getting to work with this church!