Winter Stick

I think I have established my love for mail, in previous blogs. So, I'll spare you the details on my little obsession. Of course, if the mama enjoys something, likelihood is so will the kiddos.

Part of our homeschooling routine is to send letters to family and friends once a week. EJ has his own stationary that I made on the computer. Each week, we sit down, he dictates and I write. I have found that this is really good for EJ for two big reasons. The first is it keeps him in contact with the people he loves dearly. The second, is that it helps him to organize his thoughts in a constructive way.

I found this neat idea somewhere along the way, about sending a tube of goodies in the mail to friends. So, today EJ, Z man, and I put together what we termed as a "Winter Stick."

I took a tinfoil box and taped it up real well, inside and out. Then put decorative paper around it.

Next, I filled it with little goodies, like pencils, stickers, tattoos, etc.

Of course, EJ and I sat down and wrote our letter. Z man got in on the action and decorated his letter for the friends as well.




What goodie box doesn't include a treat or two????

I rolled everything up and placed it in the box. Then taped it up real well, adding directions on how to open the box.

I added an address and some stamps, and will be putting it in the mail tomorrow!!!Hmmm... I wonder where its going to???

7 comments:

  1. That is a great idea for re using something!

     
  2. Great idea! I need to remember this....it would be cute for Mother's Day.

     
  3. You are so creative!

     
  4. That's such a great idea, we'll need to try that from here. Thank you :)

     
  5. What a fun idea!
    Did you notice, the wrapping paper matches your blog background perfectly?

    I think my kids would both enjoy this one.

     
  6. You are so creative - I love it!! Thank you so much for the gift for our new little guy! It was so sweet and unexpected and I cannot wait until he fits into it! :)

     
  7. Fabulous idea! I love it. Once I crawl out from under the projects for 3rd grade time-lines, paper plate book reports, 6th grade Egyptian pyramids and final drafts of 8th grade term papers on Yellow Journalism, I may try it for the Grandparents in Florida! Or I might take a nap. :)