Snow, Idol, and Oh, My Goodness, I'm going to Gag!!!


In the rarest of occasions, here in North Carolina, it snowed. Yes, it snowed, all of 1 inch. Then it rained. But because of the great snow fall, classes and work were cancelled for my husband and the girls.

The lovely white precipitation couldn't have happened on a better day, as I was knocked out on the couch with an ugly cold. I tried my hardest to home school, getting only half way through. And then CJ put a video on for the kids as I slept on the couch. Ugh...

Of course, the cold had arrived the day before. And the night before that I was encouraged by housemate R, to join her in an all American past time. My point is, that for three nights in a row, I 've sat on my butt, accomplishing absolutely nothing, watching tv.

All I can say is, American Idol. Yep, and in classic Melissa style Oh. My. Word.

How about the guy who dressed up in the "i dream of genie" outfit and then after being encouraged into it, had his chest hair waxed off!!! Or the woman, who lived in the one room apartment with her mother, that went ballistic, when she didn't make it to "Hollywood." Umm, can anyone say DELIVERANCE???

I seriously did feel bad for Princess Laya. She really couldn't sing, but oh, did my heart feel bad for her self esteem issue. Of course, everyone is talking about the Asian guy who dressed as an angel serenading Simon, with his "Brothers" song. Literally, I laughed and coughed my way through that one.

But for all those out there, that know the true me.... you won't be surprised when you here that I gagged to the point of almost throwing up, when the Louisiana dude pulled out his collection of finger nails. I can feel the ball of nausea rising up in my throat as I write this. Tears ran down my face, as he continued on. I couldn't even listen and HAD to leave the room. Shock of shockers, I believe the dude made it to "Hollywood." Perhaps, he'll wow us with another collection during the tryouts there.

All in all, I am beginning to feel better. Of course, my house is a mess, I'm a day behind in schooling, and my energy is not quite up to par. I'm seriously considering a "fast" from the tv, because I'm finding myself drawn to wondering when the next auditions for American Idol are.

Maybe someone will have toe nail clippers, crazy chipmunks, or a biblical costume....

5 comments:

  1. ROTFL!!!! I missed the nail-bag guy, but read later that he's actually a repeat auditioner, and has become friends with Chris Sligh (the Christian dude from last season).

    I actually DESPISE this part of the AI season: the mean-ness, the mockery, the complete cluelessness and utter denial all really stress me out. BUUUUUUT, The Boss and Shaggy and Dr. D delight in the early episodes and try their hardest not to make MORE fun of the contestants who don't have a clue. At least, they try when I'm in the room :)

    I do love the serious competition tho - seeing young kids reach for their dreams, trying and stretching and challenging themselves. I get totally teary watching and I scream and cheer and yell when they nail it or when the judges are way off base. I just don't vote. Too Cheap! :)

     
  2. Funny!
    I was singing the ridiculous brothers song for the rest of the night. I have since forgotten the words but can still hum the tune. I was laughing SO HARD at Paula and Randy's antics during his song.
    Many peculiar people in this world. Including nail clipping boy.

     
  3. I am not in the "in" crowd of bloggers these last couple days because I did not watch Idol. So I don't get any of these fantastic jokes people are telling.

    Oh well.

     
  4. Of course I thought of you with the nail clipping guy. I was going to call you, but didn't think you would be watching it. That was a first and hopefully the last!

     
  5. I can just see your sweet face gagging through the audition! Oh how I miss you!

    Thanks for your note! The kids keep having me read it over and over again. Hopefully we'll talk soon.

    As a side note Ella has learned the "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" song and I heard her singing it with Elijah's name in it. I giggled secretly and then I told her that it was a bit inappropriate to be singing such a song at her age! Love you!