Babel On...

EJ and I read and discussed the Tower of Babel today. I read my version, then he read his. Then he drew a picture about it in his Notebook. After that we were instructed to build one.
Here are the instructions. Give child (who happens to be 5 years old!!!) toothpicks, clay and a firm piece of cardboard. Have child make small balls with the clay and build the Tower of Babel.
Friends, Mama was having as much of a problem with Babel, as EJ was. This was our pitiful final product.

Only three stories high (in toothpick world) and leaning a bit to the left. Hmm...
You try it!

3 comments:

  1. You're a woman after my own heart. I love asking the Lord to show children pictures about verses or bible times and then having them create what the Lord shows them. Way to go girl! A generation raised in Zion!!

     
  2. Hmm, perhaps tomorrow you can learn about the Leaning Tower of Pisa?

    Great attempt though!!

     
  3. That looks fun! Reminds me of when we made a forest out of rice cakes and peanut butter, complete with ants (raisins) climbing over logs (celery). Nothing yummier than a peanut butter mountain smothered in chocolate sauce!!! :)