Going Banannas

Keeping with the bananna theme, these days (help me please!), I feel as though I just might be going banannas!

This weekend marks the beginning of our Missions Conference. It includes a week of events with 75 different missionaries from all over the world, descending on our school and church. They will be here to share with students, raise funds, meet with their board and elders, and hopefully to be refreshed.


Somewhere in the midst of all the other things we are doing in life, we agreed to host 7 of them. Yes, you read that correctly, 7 people will be gracing our home this weekend and allllllll next week. For those of you, who are having a hard time keeping up with the numbers of our house, this means that our household will literally double in size this Saturday!!!!

As if, I wasn't crazy enough to sign up for that, I somehow got myself involved in the "Fall Harvest Festival" commitee. Oh yea, I did. There are 4 of us running this little shindig. We plan on feeding over 400 people as well as entertaining them with games and prizes.

So in between making all the bananna bread, muffins, cake, smoothies, etc. I am organizing 25 or so festival style games, cleaning up rooms, hunting down extra mattresses, making little welcome baskets, scrubbing bathrooms, vacuuming floors, sweeping away cobwebs, and oh yea, homeschooling.

If I am a little quiet this week (which may be hard, b/c I'm on a roll with posting these days!) you'll understand why.

6 comments:

  1. I have a great idea! Multi task by using the bananas as games for the Fall Festival! Have the ever-popular "Banana Toss" challenge or the "Pin the Banana on the Monkey" game....or my favorite, "The Banana Pie Eating Contest"!

    I'm kidding of course....I'll have to send you the best banana dessert recipe EVER. It gets rave reviews and it is very easy.

     
  2. I like Melissa's idea except I would put teams together to see who could make the best banana dessert. Then you have dessert covered for everyone.

    Let me just say...YOU ARE CRAZY!!!

     
  3. WOw! I honestly don't know where I would put 7 people in my house! Unless they all brought sleeping bags and slept on the floor somewhere!

    You will be a busy gal!

     
  4. I have a great banana recipe for you. Take a slightly underripe banana, slice it down the middle length wise. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon (keep it in the peel) and cook for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

    A great treat.. morning noon or night!

     
  5. You are officially BANANAS. But we already knew that.

    Have fun!

     
  6. Just wanted to pass along a banana recipe that our family loves. It is great as a breakfast juice. Every time we have bananas, our oldest makes sure we save 3 and waits for them to get brown spots so he can make this with daddy. He likes to watch the bananas "dance" in the blender. Enjoy!

    Bug Juice

    48 oz can pineapple juice, chilled.
    3 ripe medium bananas, peeled
    3 oz (1/4 can) frozen orange juice
    4 t lemon juice

    Mix bananas, oj, and lemon juice in blender. Add pineapple juice until blender is 3/4 full. Blend. Mix remaining pineapple juice and banana mixture in a 1/2 gallon pitcher. Adjust lemon juice and frozen oj until flavors are well balanced.
    Store in refrigerator. Mix or shake before serving.
    (See the bugs? The banana seeds!)