Running

Tonight we went to service. As I was drying my hair in the bathroom, before we left, I thought to myself, "I'm either going to come home really angry or I will be crying at church and feel a bit of a release."


Good news - I am not angry!

God is so good. Even though I am not out of the valley I do have hope. And that is so important in this journey of mine.

Tonight God reminded me of several things. First, He reminded me of when I was in track and field. Okay - now don't laugh, for those of you who actually know me in real life. I was a long distance runner and not good at it, but I did it. And honestly in my mind that was all I was trying to accomplish, actually getting across the finish line without giving up.

In track I knew that I wasn't the gold runner. I knew that I was usually always the last one or two coming in. I never placed. But track taught me endurance. Actually, it taught me that I had endurance in many areas of my life.

Fast forward (no pun intended, okay maybe a little) to now. God reminded me tonight that I have endurance with Him. He showed me that I was the type who will never fully give up. I may want to. I may be so tired and so fed up with my circumstances that I would seriously feel like throwing in the towel. But, when push came to shove, I would stay in the race.

Then as if, that wasn't enough, we received prayer during worship tonight. And I did cry. Hard. But, oh, what a relief. It was bottled up and I was tired. We never told anyone who was praying over us what the circumstances were and why we were so desperate. Which is why it was even more exciting when one of the people leaned over and shared the vision God gave them of me.

I was sitting in a brand new red convertible (stay focused it isn't about the car *smile) and I had a huge smile on my face. I was completely surprised and thrilled because the Lord had provided for our needs.

That was the main gist of it all. My crying stopped when the encouraging word came. My God delivered me hope.

So, I am back to running again. I've picked up my pace and I am going to finish the race. I'm gonna do it.

5 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I love it! What a testimony you are LIVING right now.

    It's also nice to "meet" another track & fielder that didn't necessarily place but still did it...although I was required to be in a sport. Anyhoo, that was a nice new little nugget about you. At the same time, I did know that you have endurance and a strong spiritual stamina.

     
  2. How good is God that you left refreshed and ready to continue on? I don't know how people that don't know Him live day to day without hope. I'm so glad that He gave you all you needed to continue to do what He has called you to do (whatever that may be!).

     
  3. We praise you Lord for giving On Fire hope in You and bringing her out of this valley! PTL

    I just had to praise Him with you! You are definitely a person with endurance, and I am thankful for the encouragement that I received from your encouragement (I hope that made sense!)

     
  4. Way to go! Look UP and He'll meet you every time! Thanks for being real and honest in previous posts, but also thanks for sharing the victorious breakthrough. It's encouraging to read, and reminds me to hang in there for what we KNOW He's got up His sleeves for us :)

     
  5. Thanks for your vulnerability and honesty.

    I was a middle-of-the-road cross country and track runner and I look back at that experience with a tinge of regret because I think I might have been able to do better than I did. I always seem to link that to a deep down fear that I am running my spiritual race with the same mediocrity. I guess that sometimes just not stopping is running the race. At a state cross country meet I saw a girl collapse 40 feet from the finish line, but no one could touch her or she would be disqualified. She waved people away and crawled to the end. I want to run that kind of race. It sounds like you do too. You are good fellowship in the Spirit.