Camp Fire Questions


This weekend we adventured out for a couple days of camping!! One of the girls living with us and another from Holland joined our little excursion.

We encountered some interesting things like rain, snakes, and otters. And since we had very little camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, and coolers only) we experienced camping in a more primitive style! For our first camping trip with a 2 and 5 year old, I think it was well worth it and will definitely do it again!

One of my favorite things to do while camping is the campfire! This trip we lived it up by roasting hot dogs over the fire, cooking cans of baked beans in the pit, and of course making S'mores!

When the kids finally settled down and fell asleep, the adults stayed up and got into the campfire question mood. We each agreed that we would ask the rest of each other one easy/fun question and one hard/thinker question.

I'm having a hard time remembering all of the questions. However, the one that spoke to me the most was....

When you die, what do you hope that you will be remembered for the most?


I hope to post my response in the next day or so. In the meantime, I would love to hear from you. Tell me what you hope people will remember you for, when you finish this race, this time here on earth.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been camping. How do you get the little ones to sleep in a tent?

     
  2. I love the campfire too - hubby and I went camping the first 3 years of our marriage, but now we are on a break while our kids are so young!

    This is definitely a thinking question. I would like people to remember that I showed the love of God to others in my actions. That is something that comes to my mind at the moment.

     
  3. I would hope to be remembered in two ways: as a faithful mother who modeled to my children to seek God in everything in their lives and to love him with their whole hearts and as a godly wife and woman who trained younger women to do the same.

     
  4. i'd like to be remembered for wholeheartedly loving Jesus, and compassionately loving others....that is what first comes to my heart....we too just went camping this weekend....pregnant, and with a 2 year old and 1 year old, its not easy, but it is fun!!!