It Sounded Something Like This....

"Hey everybody, guess what?" exclaimed my almost 5 year old to the table of students grappling over hot chips and fresh salsa.

Slowly, everyone turned their attention to EJ and swiftly he seized the moment and stepped into the limelight.

Push pause...

I'm not so sure if it was the Holy Spirit or mothers intuition, in a flash I had a feeling that my loud, attention seeking little boy was about to announce some important information. Infact, I knew that my eyes were a little on the wider side and my face was preparing for a, "oh my goodness did he just tell my ministry team, that..." However, in that split second, I surveyed any sort of "confidential" information that my son knew and settled with myself that we were good.

Press play...

EJ is now primed and ready to go. The students were quietly munching on their chips and looking at him for the news, when EJ announced it....

"My mommy said that there we are going to get another baby sometime soon."

Pause again...

Sometimes it seems as though one second can actually feel like 60 and one minute can actually feel like one hour. This was one of those times.

Press play...

My mind registered what had just been blurted out as the whole table looked at me with anticipation. Was I pregnant? Did I have some news to share with our team? Is anyone going to pass the salsa?

Oh my goodness, he really did just say that.

And then the laughter started and I giggled. No I am not pregnant. And yes, we have talked about wanting more kids. And EJ and Z keep asking for siblings. So, just the other day, when asked again, I informed them to keep praying and that I was sure that God would be bringing a new baby to our home sometime soon.

The moment passed and EJ settled himself back into his chips. I looked at CJ and we both just chuckled. Maybe next time, when I have that "feeling" I will think twice and have him tell me his news first.

1 comments:

  1. Ok that really made me laugh! Thanks for putting a smile on my face.