Bragging For Just One Moment


I am just so excited. EJ read his first book today. It wasn't a novel of course!

This is such an exciting moment for me. First, I see my son desiring to learn and enjoying it as he is going along. Second, I get to be a part of it all!!!! I actually get to be the one who teaches him how to read!

When I was a kid, I LOVED to read. That was who I was, a bookworm. I spent many of my summers reading a book under a tree. I am so excited to pass that love onto EJ and his brother.

It's just so exciting for me.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! Think about how neat it will be when he's an adult and gets to recount this day. Save the book!

     
  2. That moment for our family continues to be one of our favorite "Micah" stories to tell - what a treasure! You should be very proud of yourself - setting our kids on the path to be lovers of learning is one of the greatest accomplishments a mother can boast. Way to go, EJ!!! Way to go, MOM!!!

     
  3. Way to go EJ!!!!
    It is such an awesome moment when things connect and they make the words on the page come alive. I can still clearly remember my son's eye lit with excitement.

     
  4. Way to go EJ and mom! A whole new world has opened up for you both! Enjoy the ride!

     
  5. How awesome! I love hearing my daughter read and like you, am in awe, that I got to teach her that skill and witness her success. Way to go EJ!