Lemonade


It was 6:45 this morning, when my children woke me up. I was still suffering from the "hang over" of grumpiness from yesterday. In my mind, I was plotting a way, I could drug the kids back to sleep and I could escape into the cool morning breeze for a long walk. Instead, I sent them back to bed and pulled the covers over my head.

It wasn't more the a few minutes when I felt as though God whispered something into my ear. I was hoping for a word of encouragment. But, no, instead I felt like the Lord said that the sickness was not out of our house yet.

Why I didn't pray and rebuke and fight for health in our home, I don't know. But that is for another post. Instead, I shrugged it off, thinking I was just being negative and grumpy still.

An hour or so later, EJ came running into the bathroom, holding his tummy saying it hurt real bad. I was a little surprise, since he had been the one who started this whole stomach flu epidemic in our home.

Oddly, he kept asking me for a glass of water. So, I gave him one. He downed it and asked for another. So I gave him a second one. All the while, I was waiting for the inevitable.

Except it didn't happen. So, I put him on the couch and popped on PBS. Within a half hour he was fast asleep.

He slept for over. three. hours.

Heavenly, I tell you. Just heavenly. I got so much done this morning. I made those phone calls that I had been behind on. I went through papers, bills, mail, school stuff, that had been sitting in my kitchen, becoming part of the decorations. I paid bills. I did the dishes. I packed a few things for our upcoming trip. I WAS PRODUCTIVE!!

And Z? He played mostly by himself all morning long. He built little roads with his blocks. Sang songs with the farm fridge magnets. He water painted and cut up paper. He ate an apple and some triscuits. His only "need" was to be in the same room as me!

How lovely!

EJ woke from his long nap feeling much, much better. He is taking the rest of the day easy, with videos and light food. But, I was even spared from cleaning up any, let's just say, extras!

Clearly someone was praying for me. Because I am not sure if I could have handled another day of sickness and no direction. Praise the Lord for taking lemons and making it into sweet lemonade.

6 comments:

  1. HOORAY!!! God is sooooooooo good!

     
  2. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some "lemonade" today. :0)

     
  3. Sounds like a great day. I know that when I am "productive" I end the day feeling much better. Glad you are feeling better!

     
  4. Amen! Glad today was better!

     
  5. Unexpected heavenly moments of productivity. Those are moments we live for.
    Praise God!

     
  6. praise the Lord for lemonade and productivity. :) love hearing His voice.