Exciting News!

Well, I believe that I have tempted all 5 of my readers long enough. And I did say, here, that I would share my news with the rest of the bloggy world and beyond, today.


So, TCC and MIA, you have guessed correctly!!! We are MOVING!!! And, oh, did God out do Himself this time!! Some of you saw the house we sold before we moved to NC. For those of you who didn't, we used to live in a small 3 bedroom home. For the six years that we owned the house, CJ and I poured blood, sweat, and tears into it. We had felt like the Lord had instructed us to buy the property as an investment for our future. Little did we know that the future included bible school!

Moving right along, our home was sweet but lacked many of the extra comforts out there. Such as, cabinet space, more bedrooms, a dishwasher, closet space, etc, etc. But the biggest problem was the layout. It was very difficult for CJ and I to have company stay or even have large groups over.

For years CJ and I have prayed asking the Lord for the opportunity to have a home where we can host missionaries, large groups, or small groups, and more. Recently, we felt as though the Lord gave us a vision, to house international students from the school we are attending. We have such a desire to have people in our home and part of our lives.


And so, this is exactly what the Lord is giving us! We are thanking Him over and over again. We found a home, to rent (with option to buy), in the beautiful historic district of our town. It is (hold onto your seats everyone) 3000 square feet! The home was built in 1905 and has all the charm of an older, well kept, with many extras, house. It features, 4 bedrooms, a living room, dining room, HUGE kitchen, den and 3 (yes, I said 3) FULL bathrooms. To make matters, even better, an interior decorater once occupied it and used his skills throughout most of the house.

We are thrilled! And again, praise the Lord for this opportunity. As it stands, we plan to have two students live with us. The school has already talked with us about hosting events! Again, our hearts are thrilled.

One of the best features, is by having students live with us, our rent will actually half of what it is currently! Did I not tell you that God out did himself????

Without further ado.... I present you with pictures of our new digs!!!



































11 comments:

  1. WOW! What an adorable place. I love it. And that kitchen is huge...maybe you could host square dances in there. And the best part?! The boys can run around to their heart's content.

    Are those fireplaces in bedrooms?!! Congratulations, what a huge, huge blessing.

     
  2. It's beautiful! I'm so excited for you!-S

     
  3. what a beautiful home! is it close to where you live now or not?

     
  4. HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAITHFUL!!! This is a testimony to the blessing that there is in obedience. So happy for you ALL!

    I believe that this blessing is not just for your family but for the students and those that will enter your home. May your home be saturated with His Presence.

    I am reminded of Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart". This is just the beginning...

     
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I love it!God is so good!

     
  6. Congratulations! Your faithfulness and devotion to walking HIS path for your life has indeed been blessed beyond measure. I echo TCC in praying blessings and favor and the presence of the Lord over this home. And I add a prayer for abundant hospitality from the Spirit to fall on all of you, that His Spirit of peace and comfort and joy would fall on all who enter! And can I just say, this place looks so "YOU!" Hugs and blessings!

     
  7. God is amazing! Your new home is beautiful. Blessings to you and your family as you start this new season in your life.

     
  8. o beautiful! and the interior decorator living there is priceless!!!!!!!

     
  9. Absolutely breathtaking! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! God is so good and blesses beyond measure. I can't wait to see pictures as you move in. I can just see a porch swing, some pots of flowers along with friends and ice tea gathered on your porch.

    Happy NEW year!

     
  10. incredible! PTL!

     
  11. WOOHOO!
    God is so good. That is one very beautiful home. It sounds just like Him to hook you up and save you money in the process. What a blessing. I truly love it.