A New Year!

I love the beginning of a new year. For me, it marks a fresh start. Plus, I get all excited inside to see what God is going to do next.

For the last couple of years, I have spent the last several weeks praying and pondering over what is in store for the following year. This year was no exception.

Two years ago, I remember sitting in my home on New Years eve saying that I know that the following year was going to be a year of coming into myself. I had just gotten through a serious depression. I had received full healing and saw how God was going to be taking the following year and rebuilding me.

Last year, this time sitting in Thrills home, I felt as though the Lord was going to be making major changes in our lives. I felt as though He was going to be bringing CJ and I into a deeper place with Him. I kind of knew by then that we were on the path to moving. Just didn't know when or where!

This year, I have been working through a lot over the last couple of weeks. But, my Lord, has been so faithful. It started with a "word" given by one of the leaders in our church. The Lord used him to break off heaviness in me. And He then reminded me that He had not forgotten me or the plans that He has shared with me. After that and a good cry, I felt the heaviness depart and I was free again!!!

Next, the Lord started showing me scripture. I wrote about the holy fear that He brought into my heart, here. And have since felt such a great joy in going after self discipline and self control. My heart and soul yearn to be effective for the Kingdom. I know that I am destined to do great things. So this must change in me.

Finally, God ended this year with one of the best nights at church yet. Last night, at service, I felt like I was praying in the new year. I rededicated my life in a fresh way to Him. And consecrated this next year to Him. Our service was prayer and worship time only last night - no real message. It was so refreshing. Then, the leadership of the church went around and prayed over all of us, individually. CJ and I had two couples pray with us. The first really prayed for God to give us more direction for our lives this year. And also that we would know His grace. She kept saying, I see grace over you. Oh - how satisfying to my soul to hear that the Lord has grace for us right now!!!

The second couple that prayed over us, prayed about how we have come and washed the feet of the saints in the short time that we have been here. And he prayed that we would be blessed and renewed. She prayed about me and called out to God about the mothering spirit that I have. She asked God to bring more people into my home. She asked God to give me grace for those that I minister to. She thanked God for me. And then she asked God for supernatural financial prosperity.

I needed all that the Lord gave me last night. I needed to rededicate myself to Him in a fresh way. I needed to be thankful for 2006 and all that He has done in me and us. I needed people to pray over us and for the Lord to encourage us through them.

I am so excited for the year 2007. For our family, I know that we are going to be coming more and more into our "calling" in this life. I know that God is going to continue to change us and make us more like Him. I know that this is going to be my first real year of truly disciplining others. And this is the first year, that I really asked God for salvations. I want to be a part of that this year.

I am entering into 2007 with expectation and excitement.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your prayers and your comment. Know that I will be praying for you too!

    It is so awesome to hear about all that God is doing (and has done in the last few months!) in your life and in your family. He is faithful to fulfill His Word!!!

     
  2. What a great start to a fresh new year! Thanks for stopping by my blog with a comment so I could find you. God bless...

     
  3. Great you are having a good week and a welcoming new year!