Home for the Holidays but Stuck in a Closet

Yesterday, CJ, the kids, and I left our cozy home in North Carolina for a trip back to PA. We got up at 4:30 in the morning and traveled the 8 hours (which actually took us 10 with stops and such) back to our family and friends for a Christmas visit.
What a blessing it is to travel without any problems. I was thinking as I was driving about how we have never had a blown out tire. It made me thankful to our Lord for His protection.

One note, I must add, I have decided that Virginia is the LONGEST state to drive through. Good golly, it takes forever to get out of that state!
We arrived at Thrills house, where we will be staying for the next 10 days! It was such a lovely reunion. CJ and I are so close with Thrills family. Our children call them Aunt and Uncle. And we love their daughter as if she were our own. Coming back to here feels like home to us.
Last night, we put EJ and Z to bed. They were so excited to be here and they LOVE to stay at Uncle and Aunt Thrills house. However since they had been up real early, both kids were exhausted. They fell right to sleep.

In the middle of the night, I heard EJ crying. He was sobbing. I quickly went into the room and knelt down onto the floor. His bed is a fold out squishy chair. In the dark, I felt around for him. But I couldn't find him. I said, "EJ where are you?" All I could hear was this muffled crying. Finally I saw the door of the closet move back and forth.
Poor EJ had gotten up in the middle of the night and opened the wrong door and got stuck in the closet!!!!

Seriously, it was tough for me not to laugh out loud!!! Instead, I held him tightly and told him I was here and that I loved him. Poor little guy!

So, tonight, we reviewed where the door was to get out of his room. And put a night light in the hallway to help him see. Hopefully it will be a less adventurous night!
Tomorrow we get to see my dad, stepmom, brothers, sister in law, niece, and grandmother. So much to do and see!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy!!! I have to admit, my heart welled with compassion for the horror he must have felt and then a giggle escaped. Never a dull moment in mommyhood.

     
  2. 10 days?! You must be so happy! Don't tell my kids, but you may just see us around CCC the weekend of the 16th/17th - we're planning a mystery trip with the Geratys and are trying to squeak time in at a.m. service. I sure hope to see your smile :)