A Letter to Say Anything

This weekend, I had the best opportunity to travel to the other end of the state to see one of my bestest friends in the whole world, Say Anything, and her family!!! They were in visiting her brother and his family. It was such a wonderful gift for the kids and I.

Without getting on a soapbox, can I just encourage you, to hold on tightly to your friends. Cherish them, be thankful for your differences and your likenesses. But most importantly, enjoy the moments you have together. You never know what God has in store for you in the future!

Dear Say Anything!

I just want you to know just how much I love you and how thankful I am for our friendship!!! I love the fact that you and I can just pick up where we left off. I adore your children (and your husband too) and think of them as my nieces and nephews! One of the things I treasure in this life, is how much our kids enjoy each other.

This weekend was so good for me! I miss our 911 visits and calls.

Only with you can I fall flat on my butt, laugh hysterically and not feel an ounce of humilation!

I so enjoyed swimming and tracking down a Starbucks. I loved watching our kids sit underneath the playground equipment and explore.

But most importantly, I loved being able to talk and listen to you. Even though both of my kids refused to sleep, we still managed to dig deep.

By the way, I have washed Duckie and Pup Pup and informed Z that Monkey is going to the washer tomorrow morning! "Comfort odor" will be taken care of first thing.

You challenged me this weekend in several ways. That is what I absolutely love about you. You gave me much to think about, especially when it comes to raising my boys.

I can remember first getting to know you. From the beginning and even to this day, I still admire how you are as a mom. You truly inspire me to be a better mommy. I learn a lot from your actions and watching you with your kids. I know you aren't perfect. But, Say Anything, you truly are an awesome mom!

I held back tears when it was time to leave. And then thanked God for you and your family.

My dear friend, I am so thankful for you! I love you!

Love
~On Fire

1 comments:

  1. Thanks baby. I love you too. Thanks for taking time from your weekend to spend with us. Talking on the floor of your hotel room, nearly in the bathroom, was the highlight of my trip. You are a treasure!