Beans, Beans, Beans

It is raining again in good ole North Carolina. I am not sure if this is a normal event around here, but I must say that since we have moved here, it has rained ALOT. Seriously, this area can't be suffering from a drought right now!


Well, anyways, my two boys are full of way too much energy. And we are in an apartment, with a downstairs neighbor who reminds us reguraly of exactly how loud we really are. I can only imagine that she has worn a nice hole in her ceiling from her broom "taps."


If my kids had it their way, our coffee table would be the spring board for jumping into the couches. Okay, lets be real, somehow they have had it their way before and I am constantly telling them NOT to jump off my coffee table onto the couches. I have so much control around here... don't I???


So, what does this all have to do with beans, you ask?


Well, a good friend of mine gave me this idea awhile ago. Take a bin and fill it with dried beans. Add some tupperware, spoons, and other fun things to the tub. Then let the kids go....


I must say that I only bring the beans out when I know that I am going to be vaccuuming. Because trust me, no matter how many times I ask them to keep them in the bin, my carpet always has at least a hundred or so pesky little beans on it.


Today, I implemented a little lesson with them. I counted out 78 beans and labeled an empty egg carton with numbers 1-12. Then I had EJ fill each numbered hole with the corresponding amount of beans. I think I may need to get the 18 egg carton, because 12 was way too easy for him.


The bin of beans does keep the kids entertained, especially on a rainy day in the Tar Heel State here!
***Reminder, this is not a good thing to do with children who are still putting everything in their mouths.

0 comments: