A Recent Revelation

Okay, apparently I am up for another round of blogging. My juices are running, I must get some of this off of my brain and out on paper, or at least this blog!

I had a recent revelation. God is going to heal me! He has to. Here is why....

I was diagnosed with fibromylgia when I was 16 years old. I would get up in the mornings and my hands would be in the shape of a claw. I was in so much pain, they would be swollen and tight and I would not even be able to write. Since then, the fibromylgia has traveled over most of my body. I have pain in my neck, back, legs, feet and hands. I get frequent headaches. For over two years now, my husband has been sleeping on the couch once to twice a week so that I can get a good night sleep and won't wake up in as much pain in the morning. We both hate sleeping in separate beds on such a regular basis, but it has been one of the only things that seems to at least alleviate some of the pain.

Along with fibromylgia, I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue and IBS. All symptoms that tend to go with fibromylgia.

It is a cyclical process. My body never goes into a deep sleep, therefore I end up with deep muscle pain. Many times I end up sick from eating normal things like salad or fruit or even any sort of normal foods, etc.

My husband and I have been praying for a full healing for a while now. And recently we have been upping the ante, crying out in the spirit for God to take this pain away for me. As I age, have kids, gain weight (just being honest here) and deal with the daily stresses of life, I seem to be getting worse in the pain department.

Recently, on a day where I was having a rather bad day, I started asking the Lord about this. I reminded myself and Him that He wants to heal His children. He has no desire to see me in pain. He wants my body to be whole and healthy. Then I started thinking about how I can't sleep in the same bed with my husband without waking up hurting. If I couldn't do that, how would I ever be able to sleep in a mud hut in Africa (we have a missionary dream)? How will I ever be able to hike in the jungles of Ecuador or stand up and teach and preach a lesson for hours? If revival really hits, how can I be part of God's team and keep up with what He is doing? My body, can't do it. It hurts too much. Sleeping on a mat in a mud hut could bring high doses of muscle relaxants, Ben Gay, and heating pads.

So, if I can't do that sort of stuff, then why are we called to a missionary lifestyle??? And since I KNOW that God has called us to that, then doesn't He have to heal me in order to do that stuff? Don't I need a clean body, that is whole and pain free????

Of course I do! Revelation: Friends, I am going to be healed of the following.... fibromylgia, chronic fatigue, and irritable bowel syndrome!!! He is going to do it! And I am going to serve Him with all the days of my life, without pain!

By His stripes, I WILL be healed! Praise you, Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! I will stand in agreement with you. We speak the same langauge, we have experienced God in the same way! So, I know our GOD CAN HEAL YOU!

     
  2. I know God can heal you. He healed my brother from paralysis. I'll be praying for you.

    Speaking of prayer I just wanted to tell you to visit this post to get a prayer button for Emma Grace at Midlife Moments or Amy at Wilhoite Prayer Blog, or Addison at In the Midst of It. If you haven't heard of any of them but any of their stories touch your heart, and you are going to pray for them then be sure to get a "button" for them!
    I am hoping to help them out by not only supporting them in prayers but spreading the word of their prayer needs!

     
  3. I will stand in agreement as well! Amen!

     
  4. Thank you for your prayers. I love it when God gives us revelations! It gets me so excited and "fired" up!