A Recent Revelation

Okay, apparently I am up for another round of blogging. My juices are running, I must get some of this off of my brain and out on paper, or at least this blog!

I had a recent revelation. God is going to heal me! He has to. Here is why....

I was diagnosed with fibromylgia when I was 16 years old. I would get up in the mornings and my hands would be in the shape of a claw. I was in so much pain, they would be swollen and tight and I would not even be able to write. Since then, the fibromylgia has traveled over most of my body. I have pain in my neck, back, legs, feet and hands. I get frequent headaches. For over two years now, my husband has been sleeping on the couch once to twice a week so that I can get a good night sleep and won't wake up in as much pain in the morning. We both hate sleeping in separate beds on such a regular basis, but it has been one of the only things that seems to at least alleviate some of the pain.

Along with fibromylgia, I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue and IBS. All symptoms that tend to go with fibromylgia.

It is a cyclical process. My body never goes into a deep sleep, therefore I end up with deep muscle pain. Many times I end up sick from eating normal things like salad or fruit or even any sort of normal foods, etc.

My husband and I have been praying for a full healing for a while now. And recently we have been upping the ante, crying out in the spirit for God to take this pain away for me. As I age, have kids, gain weight (just being honest here) and deal with the daily stresses of life, I seem to be getting worse in the pain department.

Recently, on a day where I was having a rather bad day, I started asking the Lord about this. I reminded myself and Him that He wants to heal His children. He has no desire to see me in pain. He wants my body to be whole and healthy. Then I started thinking about how I can't sleep in the same bed with my husband without waking up hurting. If I couldn't do that, how would I ever be able to sleep in a mud hut in Africa (we have a missionary dream)? How will I ever be able to hike in the jungles of Ecuador or stand up and teach and preach a lesson for hours? If revival really hits, how can I be part of God's team and keep up with what He is doing? My body, can't do it. It hurts too much. Sleeping on a mat in a mud hut could bring high doses of muscle relaxants, Ben Gay, and heating pads.

So, if I can't do that sort of stuff, then why are we called to a missionary lifestyle??? And since I KNOW that God has called us to that, then doesn't He have to heal me in order to do that stuff? Don't I need a clean body, that is whole and pain free????

Of course I do! Revelation: Friends, I am going to be healed of the following.... fibromylgia, chronic fatigue, and irritable bowel syndrome!!! He is going to do it! And I am going to serve Him with all the days of my life, without pain!

By His stripes, I WILL be healed! Praise you, Jesus!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I will stand in agreement with you. We speak the same langauge, we have experienced God in the same way! So, I know our GOD CAN HEAL YOU!

     
  2. I will stand in agreement as well! Amen!

     
  3. Thank you for your prayers. I love it when God gives us revelations! It gets me so excited and "fired" up!