God Is Awesome

Okay, I haven't posted anything for almost an entire week. I have so much on my brain right now, I could probably post at least 3 posts back to back. But since it is getting a bit late and we have so much to finish and accomplish in the next several days, I will start with one blog and see where I am at the end of it.

So, I titled this one "God is Awesome," because God likes to provide for His children and He loves details! Right now, I am writing this blog, from my new laptop! Yep, I just said, laptop! So, let me back up and tell you the story about how we got this new beauty!

Several months ago, I was at a conference with speakers that included Cindy Jacobs, Mike Jacobs and Dutch Sheets, they are with the ministry Generals International. The Lord is leading them to teach on thinking "outside of the box." The theme is perfect timing to many of us who are in the position of doing things that are totally outside of the box in the worlds terms.

Mike preached a message saying, if God gives us an assignment, then He must give us the resources in which we can accomplish that assignment with. He encouraged us to write a "heavenly bridal registry." On the registry, he instructed us to make sure that it included only things that would advance His kingdom. And he prayed that if any of us put things on the registry that were for us and our agenda, that God would not give it to us.

I took this VERY seriously. God has given us a mission and we need "things" in order to accomplish that mission. We don't have the financial resources to go out there and do it on our own. He has to provide, He just has to!

My husband and I prayed hard and we asked God to help us make the "registry." We challenged ourselves to not think about what we "wanted" but what we needed in order to do His will. We made the list and then we submitted it to Him.

Well, God did it! He provided one of the main things on that list. A new laptop - with wi fi. We are about to go back to school and really pressed into the Lord about having a portable computer to do our work on it.

Before the weekend started, I was talking to my husband and said, we really need to look at getting the laptop. He said to me, "honey, hang in there, I think God is going to reveal it this weekend."

Sunday evening, he and his dad were talking about computers and his dad offered up a deal through his company on a refurbished top of the line (at least in my eyes) laptop. He told us the price, which seemed more the reasonable. Monday, his father called with more details.

My husband picked up the computer today. Two hours later, we received a check in the mail from a couple who felt like the Lord told them bless us. It covered the expense of the computer!!!! Can you believe this???

God is amazing, He totally took care of our need. He provided us with a great laptop, that fits our needs. He really cares about the details. And He really does want to give us what we need in order to accomplish His will!

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen

0 comments: