Multifaceted



having many aspects

a many-sided subject

having numerous aspects or attributes

Recently, I had a discussion with a friend of mine. I was sharing about how I felt as though we had gotten so close to something and then God pulled us back. In one sense I was disappointed and in another sense, I understood and even agreed completely.

She shared with me that we are multifaceted people, that God shines His light in specific areas of our lives at very specific times. She literally held up her hand as though a large diamond were in it, and she turned that diamond around and around inspecting it.

I am multifaceted. I have many sides and attributes. I have more then just one or two deep ideas hidden in my heart (and sometimes on my sleeve!). Even better, so is our God. He's not a boring Fellow, at all. He always has something exciting and different to learn and grow on. That is what I enjoy about Him the most, He's never boring.

Since we are made in the image of God, our lives should never look the same all the time. Recently, God has been bringing me back over and over again to Ecclesiastes 3:1-8,

There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

Sometimes it is hard for me to recognize that a season is changing in my life. I have to be reminded that He is multifaceted and so am I. And so, it seems as though I am getting ready for God to shine His light on another side of me....

1 comments:

  1. What a great analogy. It was great to see you at church when you were up - I hope your return trip was less eventful!