Crushed

Oswald Chambers said, "...but it takes a heart broken by conviction of sin, baptized by the Holy Spirit, and crushed into submission to God's purpose to make a person's life a holy example of God's message."

I keep saying to Cory lately that I feel like we have been in survival mode for the last 3 or so years. We are doing all that we can, just to keep our heads above the water.

When I read Chambers thoughts this morning, I realized that survival mode can also feel like being "crushed into submission to God's purpose."

Surprisingly, I was encouraged by this. No matter how hard things are, no matter how exhausted I am, or how badly I just want things to be easier, I am stubbornly in love with our God. And I refuse to move or change without knowing His perfect will for me.

I want my life to be a holy example of God's message.... even if that means I need to be crushed again and again.

1 comments:

  1. I so needed to read this today!!!! Thank you for sharing...Dan and I have felt the same way for about three years now!