This Little Boy Of Mine

Z-man flew through the 2's and 3's with flying colors. Infact, he was so laid back during his 2's that I was dumbfounded. I mean, c'mon, his older brother had me turned into a pretzel by 13 months until he was about 4 year old. (I'm thoroughly convinced that EJ may one day rule a small country of his own!). When the three's hit, I thought I might see a change or two. But he sailed through them, helping me to fall into this misunderstanding that somehow my sweet little Z-man might be the first perfect child out there.

Okay, really I didn't think he was perfect. BUT ... he was, well, just really cute and so easy.

Apparently, I was in need of a bit of wake up call. Because sweet Z-man is giving me a run for my money these days! Go ahead laugh at me. In truth, I'm chuckling at myself.

See him in the corner up there... let's see I think I stuck him there after the 50th time I had told him to stop jumping off my bed. That sounds harmless right... but I had the spent the entire day, fighting with him over breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks, what he was going to wear, what he wanted to read, that fact that he wants a new transformer all. the. time. and that he doesn't like doing chores and the list can go on and on and on.

So, I stuck him in the corner and told him to put his nose there. I turned in frustration back to the laundry I was trying to sort .... on. my. bed.

Two minutes later, I turned to see how Mr. Monkey Jumping on My Bed with Laundry All Over It was making it in the corner there, only to find him working very hard at putting his nose directly smack in the corner! I had to control myself from laughing out loud.

Instead, I told him to stay put and ran and grabbed the camera. Because it will be imperative to show him and his wife someday, that I most certainly DID discipline him!

Still ... even in the midst of temper tantrums, tears, and frustrations... he's my Z-man. And I adore him!!!


4 comments:

  1. That's just fabulous!!! I think that my Abi would be that literal, too. Fun, yet challenging.

    Love ya!

     
  2. Even the back of his head is adorable! :)

    (PS-I LOVE your blog design.)

     
  3. Too funny! I think there must be days like this sometimes. It drives me nuts when the laundry I really dislike folding gets undone in a similar manner...

     
  4. This made me chuckle - the nose in the corner part! I love how kids take things so literal sometimes - it makes me stop and watch what they are doing or realize that I need to explain it a little differently (and it is sometimes a comic relief when it is needed!)