Christmas 2007


It's amazing to me that I am sitting here, typing away on my computer and it is actually January 2008! What happen to November and December? Where did it go?

I can't write about current life, until I back up and tell you about Christmas. So, take a break from putting away the holiday decorations for a moment and join me.

Can you believe that I did not take one single picture this year? I am pretty sure that CJ didn't take any either! Oh well.
I have to say that this was one of the best Christmases ever. Quiet, warm, full of smiles, and joy and full of surprises!! Of course, many of you were quite aware of those surprises, now weren't you?!

This year, our Christmas was completely taken care of. Starting with the tree, to all the presents, to the dinner, breakfast, and the best part, even the ability to give and share with others. Every. single. part. of it all, was taken care of.

Many times, tears welled up in my eyes as I opened a present. I gasped at how God used others to give my children the exact gifts I wanted them to have this year. I was blown away at the generosity, thought and love that people put into my family. It was amazing.

Through others, God gave us the ability to give as well. It was so important to me, to make sure that the students having Christmas morning with us, would feel part of our family. That was totally made possible. They had beautiful stockings (that I made!!!), filled to overflowing with sweet and personal gifts just for them, as well as a few underneath the tree.

Our tables were overflowing with goodies (and I am talking yummy yummy treats!). Our tree had a few more beautiful handmade decorations. The kids eyes sparkled, as they played with their new toys. And once again, God showed me how, in using others, just how much we are loved, by Him and by our dear friends and family. The King lavished upon us this year!

5 comments:

  1. God is so good. I can sense a smile on your face and joy in your heart as I read this - I also have a smile on my face as well. I am so glad that the King lavished upon you guys!

     
  2. You know what I love about you, On Fire? It would not have mattered what you received in a material sense....you were just so grateful for God's provision (ex. banana story) and you continue to be "On Fire For Jesus" even when life gets hard!

     
  3. Love you and that fire-y family of yours!

    Glad to see you are back!

     
  4. That is fabulous news that you had such a great Christmas. It sounds like it was a blessing in many ways.

     
  5. What a beautiful Christmas you had. I'm so glad your and your family were so blessed and I'm happy your back to blogging.