The Preacher Kid


My EJ. Oh, do I adore my little EJ. He is such a neat kid. At five years old he amazes me, constantly. EJ is outgoing, smart, funny, and desperately wants to please his family and God.


Last week, it was our family's turn to teach the kids in the Ninos Ministry. We were teaching on the Lord's Prayer, specifically about the two verses, "Gives us this day our daily bread. Forgive us for our debts as we forgive our debtors."

As I was putting together the lesson, I was looking for a way to really capture the kids attention. It occurred to me, that EJ has almost his entire kids bible memorized!!! He could recite the Lords prayer and the story behind it.

EJ has no fear of getting up in crowds. As soon as I asked him, he began to tell me how he would like to do it.

EJ: Can I have one of those stands mama, you know where you put your bible on?

Me: Do you mean a podium?

EJ: Yea. And can I please use one of those things that you talk into?

Me: A microphone?

EJ: Yea, that's what I am talking about.

So, complete with costume, my son stood up in front of about 30 people and told them the story of Jesus teaching his disciples the Lords Prayer. He slapped me five, when he was done and sat down on the chair.

I then taught the rest of the lesson, with joy in my heart! EJ and I had just done a duo lesson together!

9 comments:

  1. That i so cool! I wish I could have been there to see it.

     
  2. I'm sure that made you very proud!

     
  3. Way cool!

     
  4. Go, EJ! I wish I were there to see it. I bet he loved every minute of it.

     
  5. That is so great!

    How wonderful to see him using some of those God given gifts!

     
  6. That is so cool! Go EJ!!!

     
  7. I can see him in 30 years...preaching his little heart out in his own church.

     
  8. That's so great! Go EJ! And go MAMA - for encouraging and giving him opportunity to shine!

     
  9. That rocks!

    I love it when kids know the word and share it. Warms my heart. Way to go EJ