X Chromosone Unite!

Have I told you lately that we have not 1, not 2, but 3 college girls living with us. Oh my, the estrogen is flowing in this house!

Perhaps we should all take a minute and pray for CJ!

Okay... now back to the girls!

All 3 of them are 20 years old. And they are from all over the United States. R, who has been living with us since March, is from Iowa. M, just moved here from sunny California. And K, graced our home this past Sunday, from Alabama!

The level of noise has certainly increased! Oh my! And honestly, if God was looking to spice things up a bit in our lives, He did! Each girl has her own personality. One is introverted, the other is in between, and the third is extroverted! Very. bubbly. extroverted!

Our boys LOVE them. Oh yea, they tell everyone that they have new sisters. And then EJ lists their names off in order. Z, prays for them at night, asking God to bless them.

From someone who never had biological sisters (but definitely sisters in Christ), having this many girls LIVING with me, is a trip. I am caught between being the mom and being the big sister. I laugh more then I thought I ever would. I find myself thanking the Lord countless times that I never had to go through the whole finding a mate in my twenties, thing. I am shocked at how much girls eat (and trust me they are all so stick thin) and even more shocked at the amount of, shall we say ... oral gas ... that can erupt from any of them! And yet, slowly, I am finding a camaraderie with each one of them.

Once Solomon was given the opportunity to have anything from the Lord. He asked Him for understanding or in other words wisdom. That has become my prayer more and more as I raise two little boys, serve my husband, and now love, serve, and encourage 3 young women.

In the meantime, last night I got to relive my childhood memories, of rearranging rooms over and over again, to find just the right way all three beds could fit comfortably. It proved to be a personality shaper that is for sure! CJ, bless his heart, did what he needed to do and then hid as 4 women solved and then resolved the decorating dilemma.

Perhaps we should take another minute and pray for CJ?!!!

9 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm not sure if I should be jealous because it sounds like a 7 night a week slumber party or if I should pray for you because that is 3 more times a month wacky hormones can reak havoc! :-)

     
  2. HOw long are they there?

     
  3. Poor CJ!

     
  4. LOL!

    Melissa - as the semester wears on it is certainly a mix of both!

    Heidi - they are committed to living with us for 1 year.

    Thrills - Out of all the men I've known in life, he's the only one that I know could do this! He's strong!

     
  5. That sounds so fun! Do you mind if I ask how they came to live with you?

     
  6. Hey, that sounds like my house growing up. My poor brother :)

    I am so proud of you for pushing forward in the things that God has given you to do that serve His family. I KNOW these young ladies will leave your home with more compassion and more grace and more "perspective" after a year of rubbing shoulders with you and CJ. It's a great, great thing you are doing!

     
  7. :) ha! funny to read about all the estrogen - if u read my blog, you'll see about the increase in testosterone at our house! :) definitely sounds like a blast!!!!

     
  8. That sounds like a lot of fun!

     
  9. First of all, thank you so much for checking in on us and for all of your prayers for us during this past week. We are back home now from the funeral and we have so felt all of the prayers. You are a blessing to me!

    Sounds like so much fun! Never a dull moment, huh? JD was a youth pastor for years and I SO remember all the things that you are talking about! (Girls really surprise me at times!)