Busier then ...

When I was a kid my grandmother would say, "I am busier then a one armed man hanging paper!" (Hopefully I am not insulting someone out there!)

It seems as though our "spring break" is flying by and full of lots of activities. I can't believe I am saying this, but I am very much looking forward to classes starting back so that we can get some sort of normalcy back around here. Although normalcy seems to be relative in this house....

I have so much that I want to write about. I have been writing in my head a post about what happens when tradition is taken out of holidays. And today, I read another chapter in my book, Enjoying God, by SJ Hill (note to self - I will finish it in the next two weeks). He talked about the treasure found in the field. Oh how my soul just seemed to get it even more. So, of course in my head, I am beginning a post about that as well.

I'd love to tell you about a visit from some friends this weekend and how we asked God to pull up a chair and join our conversation. I loved how God showed me a picture of a man literally pulling up a chair in the livingroom and rubbing his hands together excited to be in the conversation.

Oh, here is another one.... I am also reading a book about homeschooling. I think I am one of those obsessed first time homeschoolers who is convinced that if I am going to do this, I am going to do it right. Good grief! Someone help me! I can't make a decision on how curriculum's and schedules and if I want him to be in some sort of extra class. He is only going to be 5.....

Please, please forgive me to those of you who have emailed me recently. You know who you are. I am having such a hard time sitting down and writing back. I want to give more then just a quick note.

I know I am rambling and am totally all over the place. But, I have a couple more things to add. Check out Restoring the Years. She has written three posts that I have really enjoyed recently. They are here and here and here. The last two are especially good!

Well I must go as dinner is waiting and the family is hungry. Tonight we have my in laws and sister in law and brother in law coming for the weekend. This will be our 3rd set of visitors in the last two weeks. Those two weeks also included two trips too....

Have I told you how busy we are .....

3 comments:

  1. As for the homeschooling. Relax, YOU CAN NOT SCREW UP KINDERGARTEN.

    In most states Kindergarten is not even required it is suggested. Which takes the pressure off your first year. I am sure you will do great.

     
  2. The curriculum I use for K is from Abeka. It's a great bible base program. By the end of the year the kids are reading fluently. One reason i like it so much is the lesson plans are laid out for you and tells you what to do each day and also what to say. If it is something you are thinking about, you can even borrow my lesson plans and the things that go with it. The only thing you would have to buy are the work books.

    I agree with mom, you can't mess up kindergarten!

     
  3. Dear Sweet B ~ You are such a "go-getter" for the Kingdom! Yes, I read how busy you are; but what I'm reading between the lines is your PASSION FILLED heart to serve your Jesus to the very best of your abilities. And because I know you, albeit not nearly as well as I would have loved (I wish we had YEARS of service together to know you!) to, I know that you are wise enough to know when to simply REST in HIM - in all these areas. Enjoy your company - it's the people we love that matter the most - and the return to normalcy and routine will come soon enough. Then, take a deep breath, clean your house and dive back in. And belt out the praise tunes while you do it - I know you love to do that with the boys. Love you, miss you, and am so encouraged by your journey :)