Philippians 4:11-13

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content in whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength," Phil. 4:11-13.

Since my boys could talk, CJ and I have been trying to impart the Word of the Lord into each one of them. One of our favorite scriptures that we usually begin with is, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

This scripture is best taught in the middle of situations. For my youngest, Z, I began teaching it to him on the playground, when he would want to climb something that was a bit hard for him. As he would struggle up the equipment, I would have him repeat the verse over and over again with me.

With my oldest, EJ, he too was around two, when I began having him quote it as he was struggling with finding something in the dark. Fear was gripping him and yet, he needed the mighty Word to push him past the fear and on to the goal. It was his first scripture and he latched on to it, with great gusto.

On my road, through the New Testament, I read Philippians tonight. Sitting in bed with some soaking worship music on, I soared through this joyful letter from Paul. And then I got to the same scripture that I have said countless times, only to find what came with it.

A cry that is on my heart. He had found a place of satisfaction, a place of peace and contentment. He drew ALL his strength, through the good times and the bad, the hunger pains and the full stomach, the penniless months and the days of wealth, from One Source. After expressing that softly, he ended it with the BIG kaboom! He now knows that he CAN do anything and everything, he can walk through glory, or be bound in chains. He can sit bruised in prison or at a feast with comfort, because he has found Him in such a deep and settled way.

This IS a "secret of the kingdom" that will be mine! Which means it can be yours too!

Praise You, my Daddy in Heaven, and give me and all those out there, this total contentment. Helps us to know who we are in You, so that we can walk through ANYTHING by Your strength. Love You, Lord.