It Is A New Day

I woke up with a new spring in my step today. I have joy in my heart!

Finally our apartment feels like home. Last night was the first time that we actually sat down and enjoyed our home for a bit. There is still more to do, but much is already done. You can walk a straight line! Pictures are hung, beds are made, dishes are in the cupboards, food in the pantry, books on the shelves, etc. It is cozy and a sweet little place. It finally feels like home.

There is a new joy in my heart today. I feel ready to begin exploring and getting to know the area more. I feel comfortable with our immediate surroundings. I know where the food store is, the Wal Mart, the library, our church, school, malls, etc. I've got the basics down. All in less then a week. Not bad.

But something inside is different. I am not overwhelmed.

I decided to start reading the book of Psalms. Somewhere along the lines I heard that Psalms was a book that could bring great comfort. And since I have been in the need of extra care from the Lord lately, I thought that a little time with the Great Comforter in the Word was appropriate. I try read a couple each morning. And when I find a verse that is particularly good for me, I write it down on a big piece of red construction paper. The paper sits in my kitchen where I can remind myself of these versuses several times a day.

Here is what I have so far!

Psalm 3:3-4
But You are a shield around me, O Lord, You bestow glory on me and lift my head. To the Lord, I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill.


This encourages me with knowing that He is listening to me and that He will lift my head up high, giving me confidence and strength.

Psalm 4:3
Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call to Him.


I know that this is going to sound precocious, however, I really believe that the Lord sees me as a "godly" one. Which means that He has me set apart for time with Him. He gets me!

Psalm 5:11-12
But let all who take refuge in You be glad. Let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You. For surely, O Lord, You bless the righteous, You surround them with Your favor as with a shield.


This was a good one! Because if you have read my recent posts lately, they reflect my prayer life, the things that I am crying out for in Him. I believe that I am taking refuge in Him. Which means, that He is going to give me joy, protection and favor! Such gifts to receive from our Father!

And it is true, I woke up with joy in my heart this morning. He is already proving that the cries of my heart are being heard. I feel the snuggle that you feel when you curl up with your daddy, that kind of refuge.

Aaahhh. Scripture is good. His word is so comforting, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. isn't it great how soothing the scriptures can be??? i love to sit back and read through psalms anytime really, but especially when feeling down. there is such comfort in know and reading how even David cried out in anguish sometimes and God always provided. :) still praying --- it will only get better from here.

     
  2. WoooWhooooo! God is good and has met you as well as answered your prayers and many of the prayers that are being prayed for you by so many! Thanks for letting us be a part of your whole journey-both the ups and the downs!

    love, a bcm