The Hiding Place

I just started reading The Hiding Place, a novel written by Corrie ten Boom. This is an older book, so I know that many, many of you have probably read it already.

However, I wanted to note something on my blog today. It is beautifully written.....

Corrie was asking about a word that she heard and didn't understand. She asked her father what it meant, while on the train to Amsterdam.

written, by Corrie ten Boom...

"He turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case from the rack over our heards and set it on the floor.

'Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said.

I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased this morning.

'It's too heavy, ' I said.

"Yes," he said. "And it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you."

oooh....

Is that not just simply the most beautiful way of understanding our Father in Heaven and His ways? I read that whole thing and then stopped and read it again and again.

Our Father, that is what it is all about. Trusting Him, knowing that the "load" is just too much for us to carry.

Corrie says in the next paragraph, that she was more then satisfied, wonderfully at peace. She still had tons of questions and without answers, but she was content to leave them in her father's keeping.

I pray that as we each go on with our days, not understanding the things that may come our way, that we will be wonderfully content to leave those answers in Our Father's keeping.

So, precious!
Bless you today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That post spoke to me. Of course my first reaction was "I wiah I felt as strong as God seems to think I am." Or is it me thinking I can take on more than I should.

     
  2. Maggie,
    Thanks for stopping at my blog today. I wrote this, first thing this morning when it was still on my mind and then went about my day. This afternoon, my husband and I were talking about our upcoming move and how we fear it will effect our marriage. After I read your comment and re read my blog, I had to remind myself that I probably was just taking on too much this afternoon, and I should just rest and trust in Him, instead! That is what Corrie did, she was relieved to not have to carry the burden of ALL of the answers! And to let her father carry them instead!
    Thanks again!